After our last blog post on The Basics of Asphalt we thought we would start a series for you to learn a little bit more about different aspects of asphalt. Today we’ll be going over some economic facts that contribute to its cost effectiveness.
- Studies have repeatedly shown that on average, over a 40-year period, asphalt pavements are more economical than their concrete counterparts.
- Asphalt pavement gives the best return on investment of any paving material.
- Asphalt pavements can be built quickly, which reduces traffic hazards, saves you time, and makes sure your business is accessible to your customers sooner than later.
Cost Effective as a Renewable Resource
Beyond the cost effective benefits of lasting better, being of higher quality, and having a quicker installation process, asphalt is a wonderful option because it is a renewable resource. This means your use of asphalt will be less expensive for you personally, but will also have positive results on the future.
- Asphalt is one of America’s greatest renewable resources.
- In 2010, recycling of asphalt pavements and shingles conserved 20.5 million barrels of asphalt binder.
- When asphalt pavement is reclaimed and recycled, the stone and asphalt cement in it are just as valuable as all-new materials.