HOW TO CARE FOR YOUR NEW SEal Coat
Short-Term: Keep off the surface
How long should you wait?
After several hours the new seal coat should look flat black in color. If it’s still shiny, you can pat it with a paper towel – if the towel remains clean, it’s dry. If there is any residue on the towel, wait a few hours and then retest.
No vehicle traffic for 24-48 hours
No sprinklers for 24 hours
Long Term: Making your seal coat last
- Avoid heavy equipment and construction activities.
- Do not use heavy/aggressive metal equipment for snow removal – use rubber blades on snow plows that are properly adjusted.
- Keep pavement clean from dirt and gravel.
- Maintain good water drainage from surface
- Keep vehicle fluids and chemicals from contracting seal coat/asphalt
- Avoid excessive heat from engines & fires.
What Our Customers Are Saying
“Very impressed with the quality of their work and the organization of the company. The project estimator was spot on as to when the bid would be received and the work was professional from start to finish. I appreciated the opportunity for a walkthrough inspection after the crack filling was completed as I had some very large cracks in the asphalt. I give this company a ten out of ten (which I really do) and highly recommend them.”